Working at camp is an exciting way to spend your summer! The camp environment is fun, fast-paced, and very rewarding. Pleasantview Bible Camp is a ministry of First Baptist Church, Lloydminster and as staff you will have the opportunity to share Jesus Christ with campers all summer long while growing in your own relationship with Jesus.
We have a variety of positions available and require a wide range of personalities and abilities to fill them including cabin leader, cook, lifeguard, first aid, wrangler, special teams, maintenance, videographer, secretary, and more.
Any applicant must be a committed Christian, having both a desire to share Jesus with others and grow in their relationship with Him. Qualified applicants should be team players with a willingness to put the needs of others and the mission of camp above their own needs and desires. We are looking for responsible, self motivated individuals that can help camp run on track and provide a safe and enjoyable environment for all campers and staff. Experience isn’t as important as a willingness to be a servant and take direction.
We have different opportunities depending on your age and experience:
- Leader-in-Training - If you are under 18 and have never worked at camp before, this is your first step! Visit our LIT page for more information.
- Junior Staff - Junior staff are teens under 18 who have completed the LIT program. These positions are largely volunteer roles with accommodation, meals, and tuck being provided.
- Senior Staff - Senior staff are high school graduates or over the age of 18. Our senior staff positions are paid positions. Pay depends on position and years of experience at PBC.
Staff must be able to attend our staff training dates:
- June 16 @ 6:30 p.m. - June 17 @ 9:00 p.m.*
- June 28 @ 6:30 p.m. - July 1 @ 7:30 p.m.*
The 2023 camp season runs from July 2 to August 11 with 6 weeks of camp. See the registration page for more information about dates and age categories. Staff can select which of the 6 weeks they are available to work.
Staff need to be set up in their cabins and ready for the week prior to staff meeting at 2:00 p.m. on the start day of each camp. The week is done at around 7:30 p.m. on the final day of camp or after all the staff member's responsibilities have been completed.
Staff are committed to attend the full week(s) of camp that they are accepted for unless approved by the Director.
*Staff training typically spans 1 week. However, due to the school calendar, staff training week will be broken up into two parts as layed out above.
If you believe yourself to be a candidate to work at camp this summer, the application process involves:
- Filling out our online application found here
- Completion of follow up documentation and reference checks
- An in-person interview with our Camp Director
- Agreement to our staff covenant and ethics policy
- A clean Criminal Record Check and Vulnerable Sector Search (if you are over the age of 18)
The application process will open on December 10. We ask all applications to be in by March 26 to begin the hiring process. After March 26, applications will still be accepted but available positions may be limited.
If you have any questions about being staff or an LIT at camp please contact Kenton Giesbrecht, Camp Director, at (780) 871-2129 (call or text) or email: email@example.com.
If you have any questions about the application process please contact the camp office at (306) 825-2461 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.